Spring 2021 Semester
Classes will start the first week of February and go through early May. Exact times and dates are to be announced before class based on teacher and student availability This year, we are excited to use Cambridge’s Evolve Curriculum. It is a six level course focused on getting you speaking with confidence! Our requirements, tuition, and levels are broken down below:
What are the requirements?
What does this include?
*Need-based scholarship applications available
Upon the successful completion of this level, you will be able to...
- Ask and answer simple questions, initiate, and respond to simple statements in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics.
- Recognize concrete information (e.g. places and times) on familiar topics encountered in everyday life, provided it is delivered in slow and clear speech.
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters to do with work and free time.
- Understand short, simple texts on familiar matters of a concrete type which consist of high frequency everyday or job-related language.
- Convey information and ideas on abstract as well as concrete topics, check information, and ask about or explain problems with reasonable precision.
- Understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. including short narratives.
- Initiate, maintain, and close simple face-to-face conversation on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Enter unprepared into conversation of familiar topics, express personal opinions and exchange information on topics that are familiar, of personal interest, or pertinent to everyday life.
- Read with a large degree of independence, adapting style and speed of reading to different texts and purposes, and using appropriate reference sources selectively.
- Use the language fluently, accurately and effectively on a wide range of general, academic, vocational or leisure topics, marking clearly the relationships between ideas.
- Express yourself fluently and spontaneously, almost effortlessly.